Wednesday, November 01, 2006

My Digital Muse October Layout.

Well, I said I was going to do it and I did it. Nothing like setting yourself a goal and than actually accomplishing it! Gives you a natural high... lol.

So here it is, my layout for the October Photography Challenge at My Digital Muse.

Background papers (blended) from October MDM kit by Holly and Kristy Ann,
available at plaindigitalwrapper.com. Font is bobmono.


I wanted to keep it simple, so I just used two background papers that I blended together to fit my three serene photos nicely. I also used a new trick I learned: did you see how the edges of the photos seem like they are lifted of the background? I think it's pretty neat.

If you want a short walk-through on how I created this, post a comment. And I'll tell you my little secret. :)

That's all for tonight. I am waiting to get some -hopefully good- news from a special somewhere in relation to a special something (lol) before I can make a special anouncement.

Oh, and your rawking RAK is coming soon. Very soon...

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooooo....yes, PLEASE! I'd love to know how to create that super cool effect! :)
Love your beautiful page, Nancy! Happy November~

Jamie said...

great LO. I love the photo lifting off the page effect... how'd you do it? Looking forward to seeing what you do with the next challenge.

Anonymous said...

Aha - !

I was hoping you'd share the secret!

(gema303@hotmail.com)

Kylie said...

Tell us Nancy!!!!!

Natalie said...

What a pretty LO! Really very lovely, and that photo edge effect is very cool!

Anonymous said...

that's a great LO, from the blending of the papers to the awesome photo effect. i'd love to know how you did it, please? thanks so much, Nancy!

angeltracks@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hello! I came on over for your little
feltie freebie and saw this layout, which is eyecatching and beautifully simple...I love how you did the photos lifting off...I would love to know how its done! thanks for the inspiration! Audra
email is...
sierragirlz@yahoo.com
thankyou!!!

Ernie Hendrix said...

I, too, would love to know how you did this! You can whisper you secret to me at:
erniehendrix@hotmail.com

But I'm known as simplyred on the forums.

Patricia said...

The LO is gorgeous, and I'd love to know how you did that too!

pjaye_2000 at yahoo dot com :)

fran b said...

i really like the way you put the shadows under the pictures to make them look like there coming off the page....please tell me your secret.

Cindy Wyckoff said...

Hi! Love your layout and how you did the shadowing. Let me in on your secret! Thanks! Great work here!

Anonymous said...

i just love this LO - the colors rock.

Anonymous said...

HI! i just stopped by to say congrats to your exiting news! Love your page and am "dying" to find out how you did the edges (pretty please :) )

Dagmar (from Scrapartist)

marsha said...

Please tell!! That is soooo cool!! Love the LO!! So soft and peaceful !
I'm snagging the felties ..Thank You! They are soo cute!

Juliet said...

The layout is gorgeous! I would love to know the secret too! Please?

ranied@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Will you please share your shadow secret with me too??

becky@thepipesfamily.com

Thank you!

Andrew said...

Hi Nancy!

I tracked you down all the way to your blog so I could find out the secret, too! I'd really appreciate it (when you have a minute, of course!) Thanks so much!!!