Friday, November 17, 2006

Wild, Wild Weather.

"Near-freezing temperatures greeted Victorians all across the state as an antarctic blast put spring on ice." source: theage.com.au

frame by Nancie Rowe Janitz (scrapartist.com)
Brrr... Over the last two days, we've been clocking temperatures of 7 to 8 degrees Celcius (44 and 46 resp. Fahrenheit) here in Melbourne, coupled with snow and hail storms! What's so weird about that, you'd think? Well, we are almost halfway Spring here and have already been sweating with temperatures over 36 C (96 F). In a couple of weeks Summer starts here officially (December 1st) and I am walking around the house wearing a beanie and gloves!!! On top of that my central heating decided to stop working, lol, hence the wintery attire.

On November 14, we had the coldest temperature recorded since 1914 on that same day! Wow!

Thankfully the weather will be heating up a little over the weekend.. can't wait, because even as we speak, my hands are almost too frozen to be typing well. Aw!

Oh, before I forget, I have been caught up in things a little lately, but I'll soon upload that little tutorial I promised some of you a couple of posts ago (lol). I have not forgotten, ladies! :)

Talk soon,

4 comments:

Becky (Daisyduster) said...

Crazy weather everywhere....we're only half the way thru Nov. and Seattle is less than an inch away from the most rainfall in one month EVER! So much flooding...I'm glad I live up the hill a bit. 96 degrees to freeezing...what are we in for in the future?

Nicole said...

I am a Melbourne girl living in Portland, OR (USA). I hate to say it, but this news helps me feel a little less homesick at this time of the year. :) There is nothing worse than talking with people at home about the great weather while I am freezing on the other side of the globe. I was in Australia for Xmas last year and I realized how much I miss my hot Xmas days. I'm sure they're just around the corner...

Anonymous said...

Hey Chickie!! looking out my window right now, I can see the exact same weather here!! But I love the rain so I'm ok with it, lol. I've been away for work this week but now I'm back and ready to scrap and I have just the kit to use *wink*!

Anonymous said...

back again with a link to my layout using your yummy kit!!
http://www.digishoptalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=43166&cat=500&ppuser=934

I so want the red floral in fabric to quilt with - totally fab!!