
Steve Irwin (44) - better known as The Crocodile Hunter - died yesterday morning when a stingray barb punctured his heart while he was filming a nature documentary off the coast of Port Douglas in north Queensland.
Steve made his career toying with some of the most aggressive and deadly animals on the planet. But what killed Steve Irwin in the end was quite unexpected, a freakishly unlucky accident involving a creature more prone to timidity than aggression.
You can read more about Steve here.
Personally I find it hard to believe. I have watched him struggle with the fiercest looking crocodiles, handle the biggest snakes and spiders I had ever seen... countless times did I yell: "Man, you must be crazy!". But is was utterly fascinating to see his relationship with those animals so many of us fear. He was truly and amazing man, and he will be deeply missed. I know I will miss him.
My thoughts go out to his beautiful wife and kids.
Nancy







No comments:
Post a Comment