Friday, September 29, 2006

Moving On!

I am excited. Shocked, but excited. I was choosen to move on to Round 2 in the ScrapArtist Apprentice Challenge. Every time I checked the gallery I went: "O my God, there are so many talented new designers out there!". To be amongst those that I considered to be top notch, is more than just an honor. No matter where it goes from here, I am proud of what I have accomplished.

Don't get me wrong: I am not one to sit and "see what happens". I am very serious about everything I do (not sure if it is that good, lol) and I will apply myself fully to go as far as I can go. What I mean is, I won't be moping or be disillusioned if this is the end of the line. As far as I know, this is only the beginning! :)

I am in a rather strange mood today. It is a glorious day: soft sunrays are entering my room through the half-opened blinds as we speak, and the temperature is lovely. I took advantage of the nice weather by washing the car and cleaning up the pathways at the front and side of the house - yucky spider webs and dust had been gathering for way too long now. Feels good. Feels liberating. I am by no means a 'clean freak' but I do enjoy it when everything looks neat and tidy.

Cleaning also helps me to 'liberate' my mind: way too much clutter had been gathering in there also. I even get overwhelmed with the constant influx of 'great ideas' at times, much so that I end up not knowing what to do at all. Have you ever felt this way?

Philosophical. That is the word. That is how I feel. Pondering, questionning, reflecting... I do feel the need to do this once in a while. Put myself and my life back in perspective. Have a look at where I am right now: have I achieved what I wanted? Where do I want to go now? What do I need to do to get where I want to go?

:)

On a lighter note: I went to watch Shyamalan's new movie "The Lady In The Water" yesterday with my husband. And I loved it! Much to the confusion of hubby dear who claims that, while the movie did have the typical Shyamalan twists and turns, he had a hard time getting into the whole 'fairytale' thing. Whereas I was totally enchanted with it. Has anyone seen the movie? I would love to hear your thoughts on it.

I feel like going to the kitchen right now, and whip up a delicious dinner: I have some pork grind meat, capsicums (peppers) and onions... I am curious to see what I will come up with, lol. Will let you know tomorrow!

Have a great Thursday everybody!

Nancy

1 comment:

Becky (Daisyduster) said...

Nancy...so glad to see you move on to round 2...even though I myself am saddened. But, the right time will come for me.
Anyways, I am Soooo excited to see that someone feels the same way I do!!! I get sooo many creative ideas sometimes that I just don't know WHAT to do...and then I do nothing also. I do like these contests though. It focuses me into a direct creativity path, know what I mean?
Well, looking forward to your Round 2 entry...good luck!