Monday, October 16, 2006

Computer Woes.

Since last night, my computer fails to start up. When I switch it on, all I get is a black screen. I have tried changing monitors, booting with a start-up disk... so far all has failed. I am taking my CPU to the shop this morning to see what the problem is and -hopefully- have it repaired. I pray to God it is not one of those viruses that has whiped out my hard disk. That would be catastrophic: hours and hours of research, my designs, my layouts, all my photos... I cannot even begin to imagine what I would lose if that was the case. I know, I have forever been procrastinating backing up all my files... and even if this is just a minor glitch, it sure has given me a scare big enough to start changing my habits and back up all my files regularly.

Please spare a thought for me today. I feel really lost without my computer, as if life itself has come to a halt.

I will update as soon as I know more.

Hugs,
Nancy

1 comment:

Becky (Daisyduster) said...

Praying for you RIGHT now! I had a brand new computer that at about 8 months old, the hard drive flipped out...and I lost about 1000 pics! (our 1st house, Lily's 1st snowy winter, 1st Christmas on our own) So, I hope they can recover your info...all your designs...Ohhh nooo....