Tuesday, October 17, 2006

My Hard Disk Is No More.

OMG I am in total shock right now. Five minutes ago, I get a call from the computer shop and my worst fears have come true: my hard disk is declared dead. OMG I so can't believe this! All those hours, days, months, years! of research, of creating, all my photos, my layouts... Some have been backed up but I have always been so slack in that department.. and now it's too late! I don't know what I am going to do! Luckily a part of my files were on an external HD, including my scrapping goodies (thank God!).

I never knew a piece of equipment could make me feel like this: so empty and in total despair.

Now they tell me there are ways my lost data might be recovered, but the costs are going to be very steep. Is it worth it? Yes. Do I want my files back? Yes. Can I afford it? No. This could not have come at a worst time.

I know I will never get those designs and layouts I created back - all that's left from most of them is a thumbnail in the online galleries, but I guess it is time now to stop crying and dwelling on what has happened, there's nothing I can do to change that. I have to concentrate now on rebuilding, start over...

I am sorry this was such a long post and I thank you all so very much for allowing me to express my thoughts. It really does help to put things back in perspective.

Nancy

7 comments:

Becky (Daisyduster) said...

...I'm sooo sorry....e-mail me.

Anonymous said...

OMG! NAncy! I feel sooooo sorry for you!! What a huge devistating pain. I NEVER back-up anything (knock on wood) so I can understand your panic. I really hope you can salvage the info sometime.

Peta said...

ohh hun that soooo sucks :( I wish there was a magic wand I could wave and fix it for you!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD! you poor thing! and your layouts are so beautiful, what a devistating loss for you, I do hope you can pull the money from somewhere and retrieve what you can, yikes...I gotta go back up....

TheCatLord said...

what a terrible feeling, i know what you are going through...
(((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

OH, I feel for you, it happened to me too. it is sooo expensive. I have it in my china cabinet, in case I win the lotto, Im going to hold on to my broken hard drive until I get the money....I did put my new layouts up on photo bucket, and you can save large 12x12 size there so its totally worth it, its easy and free. well, good luck.

Anonymous said...

Oh that is the worst feeling....I suffered that injustice twice in one year! HDD's, they can be the bane of our existence! Hugs.....