Sunday, October 08, 2006

Rainy Day.

Summer is nearing here in Australia and the temperatures are rising quickly. This morning I woke up with the sun caressing my face, but as soon as I stepped into my office I was greeted with this wonderful sight:

Rain... pouring down from the skies, splashing vigorously against the window... ah, I *heart* it. As much as I love the sun, there is just something magical about rain: the sound, the smell (there's nothing I like more than the smell of nature right after it has rained)... And you know what? You can be certain, absolutely certain, that after it stops raining, the sun will shine again!

Nancy

3 comments:

Becky (Daisyduster) said...

Nancy,
The sound of rain has to be one the most comforting things I can think of...I think it goes back to long cross-country drives in the car when I was young...camping-for six months! While my father built our home in the woods...
I love the safe and cozy mood that it always puts me in.
Love the way you expressed it here...

Anonymous said...

I knew you were a girl after my own heart! i LOVE the rain, especially when I'm snuggled up cosy in bed, never fails to lift my spirits. Maybe I should've put that in my weird list, lol!

κ said...

I've never met someone who loved the rain, as well.

However, me on the other hand .. I'm just plain obsessed.

Anywho, Happy Blogging. :P